The Text Editor functions much like Microsoft Word and other word-processing programs. You can enter content in a form that resembles what it will look like when published on the website.
Understand the buttons and options on the Text Editor toolbar
- The Paragraph Format dropdown allows you to select your text formatting, including headings and subheadings.
- Note: Headings need to be in outline order, beginning with Heading 2. Heading 3 items need to be nested under Heading 2 and so on. Do not skip heading numbers or use simple bold for heading text. This is for both consistency and accessibility.
- Insert Code Block - Do not do this unless you are used to/planning to write code
- Make the font bold.
- Make the font italic.
- Insert a bulleted list.
- Insert a numbered list.
- Decrease the indent of the selected text.
- Increase the indent of the selected text.
- Block quotes sets off a quote by indenting it and increasing the font size.
- Insert special characters.
- Make the text superscript or subscript.
- Link opens a pop-up window where you can add a URL to link the selected text another page. To remove a link, right click the link text, and click unlink.
- Undo or redo a previous action.
- Remove format from entered text. This is especially helpful when you want to strip away code and formatting from large blocks of text pasted from MS Word or another source.
- Insert a table.
- The media browser accesses the media library. Use it to embed media (video, photos, etc.) in your content.
- Change block style.
- Check source code.