Google has another free tool that is available for anyone with access to Google Analytics account - Data Studio.
Google Data Studio is a visualization tool that is powered by your website Google Analytics data. With very minimal effort Data Studio could help you:
- Analyze and visualize your website Google Analytics data reports,
- Customize and present analytics data important for your agency needs,
- Share with anyone in the agency or embed on Sharepoint.
Example of the Google Data Studio Report for the Digital Commons Support site.
1. Log into your Google Analytics account and select Customization > Dashboards under Reports.
2. Select any of the reports to open in Data Studio, wait to see report populated with your website Google Analytics data:
- Audience Overview
- Acquisitions Overview
- Behaviors Overview
Data Studio window has selected dashboard populated with your website data, let's save it and start editing:
- click on the blue Edit and share button on the top right of the screen,
- click on the Add to Report pop-up window.
Give your dashboard clear and meaningful name and title:
- on the very top left of the screen beside the Data Studio logo with the three blue lines, instead of the Copy of [New] Google Analytics Audience Overview
- on the top of the report update report title, if needed.
Every chart/tile on the dashboard could be changed and styled based on your needs and taste.
When chart is selected blue border appears around it, at the same time two menus appear on the right hand side: Data and Style.
All changes made on the dashboard are saved in real time, but there is always an Undo button.
To learn more about editing Data Studio dashboards open a Service Now Website Analytics support ticket with Digital Commons team.
Data Studio Dashboard could be easily shared with your team or general public.
- Click on the Share button on the top of the screen (make sure to click on the button itself, not on the little arrow that shows available choices)
- Select Manage Access tab and in the drop down choose "Anyone with the link can view" option.
- Copy link URL to send to anyone to access this dashboard.
Or select Embed Report to copy embed code: