Create Data Table
Navigate to Content > Add Content > Data Table.
- Click Add Content.
- Click Data Table.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Title (*) — Enter a Title for the Data Table. For optimal length, keep the title less than 60 characters, including spaces.
- Body — Descriptive text entered in the Body field (Text Editor) appears above the Data Table.
Table CSV File
Data Tables are generated with comma-separated values (CSV) files, a simple text format for spreadsheets.
- The first row of the CSV file serves as the sortable table header.
To place a hyperlink on a value in a table cell, the link must be entered as HTML code. If cutting-and-pasting, use the Paste as Values option in Excel.
- Example: <a href="https://digitalcommons.nc.gov/drupal-help/drupal-help-topics/audio-and-podcast-file-embed">Audio and Podcast File Embed</a>
- A groomed HTML Generator spreadsheet (Excel) is available to help Web Managers work with large Data Tables.
Add a New File
Upload a CSV file groomed in Microsoft Excel to be rendered as a responsive HTML table.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the appropriate CSV file. (In this example, Data-Table-Example.csv).
- Click Open.
- The CSV file uploads automatically.
- To remove the Data Table, click Remove.
Results Per Page
Results Per Page (*) — Choose the number of results to display per page. The default value is 100.
If the Data Table spans multiple pages, use the Previous and Next buttons to navigate between pages.
- Leave the Sorting option checked to display table entries alphabetically.
- Click Save, at the bottom of the Edit page, to save the page and view results.
Export Data Table
To update or edit the Data Table:
- Click the Export Table Data link below the table entries.
- The CSV file downloads automatically.
- Update or edit the CSV file as desired, and then re-upload it as described in Step 4 above.
- Save the page and view results.