Managing content on the platform, saving and moderation, also available as a training video.
All users of Digital Commons sites
When a Page is Ready to Publish
Editor: Create the content and set to Needs Review. Notify publisher that the page is ready. Note: system doesn’t alert publishers automatically.
Publisher: Review page per the Publishing Checklist. Make sure you're looking at the Draft (not the Published) and set to Published.
Select Find Content from the main toolbar and choose option for search all content- published or not.
- Add in a word or two from the title.
- See only the pages in a certain content type
- See only the pages that are draft, or needs review.
- Search for content within the page body.
Saving and Moderation
These are the available states when saving:
- Draft: The default save state for any page. With Workbench, it is possible to create a new draft of content while the existing (published) version remains live.
- Needs Review: The status used to signify that content is ready for publication. Pushing content from “Draft” to “Needs Review” signals that the content is ready for an authorized user to review and publish (or send back to “Draft” state for further revisions)
- Published: The state content is in when it is visible to a public, unauthenticated site visitor.
Each role experiences these states differently:
- Editors have access to save content as Draft or Needs Review but not as Published.
- Publishers have to move content from Draft to Needs Review before they then make it Published.
- Site Managers and Site Admins can move content directly from Draft to Published
Watch training video about saving and moderation of the content on Digital Commons platform.