Create User Account
To create a new user account, the new user must initially login to the website with NCID username and password.
To login they:
- Place /user (slash user) at the end of the site URL.
- Example: https://sitename.nc.gov/user
- Press Enter (on the keyboard).
Enter NCID username and password:
- Click Log In.
This initial login process creates a new account for the user.
Once the user has created an account by logging in, the Web Manager can assign the user a Role.
- Click People on the People menu.
- On the People page, find the new user account in the Username column.
- On the row for the new user account, select Roles from the Edit dropdown menu (Operations column).
Role types include:
- Alert Creator
- Event Creator
- Site Page Creator
On the Roles page, select the appropriate Role for the user (in this example, Publisher):
- Click Save.
The new user is now ready to work within the Role assigned.
Add New Web Manager
Web Managers can add Roles (listed above) to user accounts, but they cannot add other Web Managers.
To add a new Web Manager:
- On the DIT Service Portal, open the Catalog Item for Digital Commons Website Support.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Under Type of Request, choose Add a Web Manager from the dropdown menu.
- Complete all other required fields.
- Click Submit.
The Digital Commons team will process the request accordingly.
Note: New Web Managers must be trained by the Digital Commons team prior to assuming their duties. Visit the Digital Commons Training Registration page to register for Web Manager training.